Walmart has two "pricing rules" that may prevent new listings from being published or cause your existing listings to be unpublished if you are in violation of either rule.
- Price Parity Rule:
- Walmart will automatically unpublish a listing if a customer would save money by purchasing the same item from you on a competing marketplace or website, including the price of shipping.
- Price Leadership Rule / Reasonable Price Not Satisfied
- Walmart will automatically unpublish a listing if a customer would save drastically by purchasing the item on a competing marketplace or website, regardless of the seller. This calculation includes the price of shipping.
How It Works
- Walmart monitors the prices of items on their marketplace and compares them to the prices for those same items on competing marketplaces and websites. If any items are identified as violating one of their pricing rules, they will unpublish your listing and notify you through the Walmart Item Report.
- If prices change on the competing marketplace/website or you change your price on Walmart and the item now falls within the acceptable range, Walmart will automatically republish your listing, typically within 48 hours.
What To Do If Your Listings Are Unpublished
- Check the Walmart Item Report or Manage Items page to identify which listings have been unpublished and why.
- If your listings were unpublished due to pricing violations then you will need to update your prices to be more competitive. In most cases, changing your price to be within 2% of the price displayed in the "Comparable SKU" column in your Seller Central Dashboard will allow your listing to be republished within 48 hours (you may need to add this column to your dashboard view).
- If more than 48 hours has passed and you believe your item should have been republished, please create a case with Walmart Support.
Walmart may unpublish your listing even if there are other sellers on Walmart.com with the same item listed at a higher price. In this scenario, verify that your item was unpublished because of "Reasonable Price Not Satisfied" (which applies to all sellers for this item on Walmart) rather than "Price Parity" (which only applies to your Walmart listing in comparison to your listings on other marketplaces for the same item).
Click here for more information on Walmart's Pricing Rules