WooCommerce is a new integration similar to other Cart integration we have such as BigCommerce or Shopify. This website allows you to create a personal web-store and allows you to customer your web-store to your liking. WooCommerce allows for several apps to be connected to your account which are separate from the SellerActive integration.
We actively sync price and quantity to the marketplace. We also will pull in your Unshipped orders from the marketplace.
- WooCommerce does not have a native "tracking field" within their software and they require you to download a WooCommerce specific application in order to update tracking. Our system currently updates that information to the meta fields within each order.
- At this current time we do not submit tracking updates to this application.
- Our Developers are currently scoping this functionality and it may be added in the future.
- There is a ShipStation integration within WooCommerce that may allow your tracking updates to come from ShipStation into WooCommerce. You would have this application "on" in conjunction with SellerActive.
- If you run into issues with this workflow, please reach out to WooCommerce support for more guidance.
Setting up the integration
First, you will need to make sure you have the following settings within your WooCommerce account:
- WooCommerce version 3.0.x+
- WordPress version 4.4+
Next, you will follow the following steps and insert this information within the WooCommerce integration tile.
- Enable the WooCommerce rest API and create an API user by following the instructions here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-rest-api/.
- Copy the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret that you’ve just generated, as well as your store URL (http://woo.example.com) into the fields below.
- Click SellerActive's 'Save'.
After step 3 everything will be integrated. We will begin to import your inventory from the marketplace as well as your Unshipped orders.