SellerActive is a SKU based system. Therefore, if our eBay customers have duplicate SKUs/Custom Labels this could affect price and quantity updates. This includes any eBay or eBay Motors store.
The identifier to key off of is "Ebay ItemID" as the SKUs will be the same for two listings. You will then use the eBay Item ID to isolate the listing on eBay.
How do I know if my account has duplicates?
An alert in the SellerActive portal will dictate that there are duplicated SKUs. The alert icon will be highlighted and clicking the error will prompt a full text file of your inventory.
From there you will go to Excel and parse the information accordingly (explained further below)
- If you clear out the error the alert will re-populate once we get another full inventory file.
The file that is downloaded seems to be in Text format. How am I able to isolate the Duplicates?
This might come across as tedious by the customer but you will be able to find the duplicates using a few steps within Excel. Once you have downloaded the file you will want to open (or drag and drop into an open worksheet) Excel.
- Highlight the SKU/Custom Label field.
- Select Conditional Formatting → Highlight Rules → Duplicate values
- With the column still highlighted select "Sort and Filter" and select Custom Sort
- You will then select to filter by the SKU Column and the cell color (they should be highlighted in red).
- You should then have a list of all the Duplicates at the top. It is best to remove the "un-duplicated" listings and then do an A-Z sort. This will put all of the duplicates next to each other for easy reference.
From here you will grab "ebay_item_ID" (which is within the same file) to compare on eBay's end and either revise the listing or delete the duplicate entirely
I currently us another identifier in order to isolate my listings and want to pull those in as the SKU. There are no duplicate's in this other field so that should solve this problem. Can your Developer's pull this other field in?
Currently our system keys off of the SKU/Custom Label field for all processing. Unfortunately there is no way around this functionality however that is something we could possibly add in the future as a Feature Request.
How do I know which duplicate listing to delete or revise, does it matter?
It is up to your discretion one which listing you would like to edit. Typically this is decided on the history of the item however other variables involved. Ultimately the system does not treat one listing different from the other and the biggest inhibitor is just the SKU itself being duplicated.