SellerActive imports the custom-label field from eBay as your SKU in SellerActive. In order for SellerActive to manage your pricing and quantities, each custom label / SKU must be unique. If you use the same custom label / SKU on more than one product you will see an alert within your SellerActive account and inventory updates from SellerActive to eBay will be halted until there are no longer duplicates within your eBay inventory. You will need to adjust the custom label field directly on eBay.
How Do I Know if my Account has Duplicates?
You will see a notification on the Alerts page of your SellerActive account. You can access the Alerts page by clicking on the bell icon in the upper right corner of your SellerActive account. inventory.
Clicking on the notification will download a file with your entire eBay inventory. Next, you can use Microsft Excel to identify which custom labels / SKUs are used more than once in your inventory (see below for instructions). Once you have changed or removed the duplicate SKUs (directly on eBay) you should delete the notification from your SellerActive account. The error message will re-populate if there are still duplicate SKUs the next time an inventory file is imported.
How to Identify Duplicate SKUs in Excel
- Download your inventory file by clicking on the notification
- Open the file in Excel or copy & paste the contents of the text file into an Excel worksheet
- Select the SKU/Custom Label field by clicking on the "D"
- Select Conditional Formatting → Highlight Rules → Duplicate Values and the duplicates should now be highlighted in Red
- Click on "Sort & Filter" → Custom Sort
- Set Sort by to "SKU" (or column D), set Sort On to "Cell Color", set Order to Red, "On Top"
- Click "Add Level, set Sort On to "Values", set Order to "A to Z"
- Click Ok and your spreadsheet should now be sorted so that all the duplicates are now at top
Note: When revising or deleting your listings - searching for items by custom label / SKU in eBay's interface can be very difficult. You may want to search utilizing the eBay item id which can be located in the "ebay_item_ID" column towards the right your Excel spreadsheet.