You must have a Pro Account or above to utilize this feature. Accounts in the Basic Tier will receive a notice that this feature is unavailable.
Pricing fallback method allows the option to have a pricing strategy default to another pricing strategy if and when the original pricing strategy cannot be utilized. Previously, if the initial pricing strategy was negated due to established settings, it would only default to the Preferred Price.
- If you choose a fallback pricing method, that method itself cannot have a fallback associated under it. In other words, you cannot have a multi-layered fallback strategy.
- If a fallback method already has a fallback associated to it, it will be removed from the available drop-down menu when choosing a fallback method.
- The method must be created first before it will appear on the fallback drop-down menu. As long as the settings are omitting the primary method, the fallback method will reprice against active market data and competition.
- Once the variable that is preventing the main method is removed, we will re-engage the primary method.
- Our system will check across both established methods every time there is a repricing action or prompt. If the primary method can be utilized, then we will switch back appropriately.
- Once adjusted to the fallback method, we will utilize the specific settings of that method and the Max and Min Price benchmarks will adjust automatically.